Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Peace out PA!

As I have spent the last few nights slowly packing up all of the belongings I've accumulated over the past 25 years I can't help but keep thinking one thing. Ok actually two things. First, what kind of a classy individual chooses to pack their clothing in durable garbage bags in hopes of more compact packing? And second, and more importantly, am I really moving? I've been talking about it for what seems like forever. My job has been lined up since the end of April and I've had my apartment locked in since the middle of June. But is this really it? I'm doing it. I'm moving. Out on my own with my first big girl job with nothing but me and my trusty dog Lincoln for months at a time. Sure, I'll make friends and I know people in Melbourne from my second clinical rotation. But this is it.

Now the even better question is, "Will all of my belongings fit into this?"
Insert picture of 10' Mini Mover Uhaul truck here --->







"...and this?"
Insert picture of 2003 Chevy Cavalier here ->

I sure hope so! But if you knew the massive amounts of belongings one could possibly accumulate in 25 years of existence it's a good freaking question. I prefer to refer to my things as belongings instead of crap. Although halfway through the packing process last night belongings became interchangeable with the loving term crap, stuff, junk, etc, etc...



For now I leave you with the wise words of Mr. Tom Petty...
"Well she was an American Girl. Raised on promises. And she couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life somewhere else. After all it was a great big world with lots of places to run to."

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! I've driven to florida a couple times from mass & it wasn't too bad. pack a healthy cooler for the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck on the move!
    Drive careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better...I am also a classy b who packs her clothes in hefty bags! :-)

    ReplyDelete