Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Friday, July 23, 2010

More realistic big kid purchases

Now that my life is off hold I can actually start to follow through with some of the plans I've been formulating in my head while I should have been strictly studying.

All the fun toys I talked about previously are still up there on my list of priorities, but I have a couple of realistic big kid purchases that can be paid for right away.

Both involve fitness, which I'm sure given my interests doesn't really come as all that much of a surprise.

1) 2010 Health First Sprint Triathlon in Melbourne, FL. A.k.a. my new home.
It's October 3, 2010 and the price is $65.00 I believe. Which doesn't seem like a lot, but if you had access to my bank statements at this current time you would realize otherwise. Between the start up costs of moving and all the little things that keep adding up I think it's safer to wait until my first paycheck to register for this race. Besides I have more important things to spend my money on right now. You know insignificant things like first month's rent.

2)2010 Space Coast Half Marathon in Cocoa, FL. Aka very close to my new home.
It's November 28, 2010 which gives me a little more time before I have to register. It costs $70.00 I think. Again, we won't go through the logistics but just know that this will be paid for with my second paycheck. All the more motivation to keep my butt moving. With the close to 5 mile run I did today I think I can swing this race! I've always wanted to do a half marathon and hopefully things will work out in my favor this time!

1 comment:

  1. Half marathons are fun! go for it! Bring good fuel & a fun playlist to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete