Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hard work pays off

At least that's what I keep telling myself today. It's the last day before D-Day. Seven years of school come down to this test tomorrow. No biggie, right? How do you honestly accumulate 7 years of knowledge and cram it all into one 250 question multiple choice test?
Looking back at the past few months I keep wondering is there anything else I could have done? Could I have studied more? Could I have reviewed more? Could I have taken more practice tests?

Here's the past couple months broken down into numbers:

Since 5/18 I have logged 126 study hours. This does not account for the three weeks of random studying that took place in the month of April prior to graduation.
Since 5/18 I have used 2 1/2 notebooks to take notes while studying. That's roughly $5.00 spent on knowledge.
Since 4/21 I have taken 12 practice exams. Each exam being 200 questions a piece.
Of the 12 practice exams I have gotten above a 70% on 7 of them.
Of the 12 practice exams, my scores were compared to other students taking the same test for two exams. On both exams I scored above the average.
Since 5/18 39 of those days were spent waiting to get permission to take my test.

Looking back at the number break down I think it's safe to say I think I have done all that I could do. Now all that's left to do is take a deep breath, remember all the hard work I have put into getting ready for this exam, and relax. If relaxation is even possible at this point!

1 comment:

  1. This post is sent me into a whirl wind of PTSD of my FE exam. I ended up getting strep throat 2 days before my FE exam and couldn't swallow my own spit on the day of the test. They lock doors 15 min before a test is over but I begged to be let go, to go to the ER. They let me out but marked me down as absent - so I never got my score. I had to go to their office three months later and freak out because I never got notified of results. Luckily, they still scored my exam and then handed me my certification then. I almost vomited on the receptionist when she told me that I was marked as not taking the test. Ughh..yeah, I didn't sit there for 8 hours in utter pain regurgitating 5 years worth of information for nothing!

    Take Vit C, emergenC, relax. You're smart, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete