Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Therapy in the form of running

I have to admit. I was nervous to go for a run today, especially since my 5k this weekend felt so good. I'm a hit or miss kind of runner. One day I love it. One day I hate it. Other days I tolerate it. But today was exactly the run I needed. I needed a good run where I could shut my mind off and just listen to my Ipod and put one foot in front of the other. I haven't had a run like that in so long I was almost convinced that kind of run no longer exists for me...

I think sometimes the playlist makes the run. Do you know how certain lyrics in a song kind of sum up any kind of life experience. Whether it be your current situation, or something in the past.
With my mind on autopilot and no longer gasping for air I could actually listen to my playlist. One WHOLE song after another. One foot in front of the other.

Here's today's playlist with snippets of the lyrics that stood out to me today:
Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness
"I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know not everything that shines is always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it...I'll be good".
Shontelle - Impossible
"Tell them all I know now, shout it from the roof tops. Write it on the sky line. All we had is gone now. Tell them I was happy, and my heart is broken. All my scars are open. Tell them what I hoped would be impossible."
Mika - Love today
"Everybody's gonna love today. Any way you want to. Anyway you've got to. Love, love me"
Eminem ft Rihanna - Love the way you lie
"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn. Well, thats alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry. Well that's alright because I like the way you lie."
Florence + the machine - Dog Days are Over
"Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father, run fast for your children, for your sisters and brothers. Leave all your love and your longing behind, you can't carry it with you if you want to survive."
Kelis- Acapella
"Till I stopped over thinking and decided to draw back the curtains. And I cleared all the cobwebs and began to let in the light."


2 comments:

  1. I found you blog from the Weight Watchers message boards. Glad to hear you had such a great run!! Don't you just love that. I love a good run.

    Jennifer in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found my love for running. All these years I let my sanity slip by me...it's the only thing keep me going day to day anymore.

    ReplyDelete