Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Too much time on my hands...

It's funny how things turn out, huh? In all my years of living I never really understood that saying. How is it that things turning out poorly are "funny." Or things that turn out differently than expected are 'funny.' What's funny? Everytime things don't go as planned I don't laugh my ass off. Oh, you want me to say that things are ironic. Alanis Morissette shot that theory down with her song about things being ironic. When in all reality everything she sang about wasn't in fact ironic, they just plain sucked.

Here's something I've been pondering for quite some time. If given the opportunity to utilize a time machine, would you? A majority of you would say yes without skipping a beat. But think about it. And I mean really think about it, would you really change the past? And who's to say changing the past would make your present that much greater? Think of the movie Butterfly Effect. He goes back to change one thing and the next thing you know...BAM not having any appendages. Imagine waking up to that one.

Why change the past? Its done and over with. If you're still living and breathing apparently you didn't die from it. It may have hurt like hell at the time whether it be emotional or physical pain, but hey there you are. A normal functioning human being, granted our definition of normal is all the same.

Everyone has that one person they say they wish they had never met. I've even taken that into consideration as well. But for as much pain thats been caused I still am always glad to have met them. Regardless of how things ended or are progressing. You learned something. And chances are you cared a lot about whoever this person is. Things happen for reasons. No, F that. Things happen because you make them happen. And everything from that point is just a result of the decisions you make. Our lives are split into series of moments. Before this and after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment