Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stuck in the middle




Raise your hand if your life is in Limbo right now.
No? Just me?
I'm in that weird transition period being being a student and being a professional. While I have graduated with my Doctorate that degree is otherwise useless without a license number. Its funny to think just a few numbers stand between me and practicing Physical Therapy. You would think 7 years of schooling should count for something more than a diploma in a pretty frame that can't really be used until you have a license. I mean I get it. You need to ensure that the public will be in good hands with all the new practitioners out there. But really all I want to do is schedule my test.
I wish they had told you in school how fun the licensing process would be. They explained the exam and told you how to prepare for it, but what they failed to mention is just how much fun the waiting game is. At this point I am frustrated with someone I've never even met. I submitted my licensure application to the state of Florida in the middle of May. I receive an email today that said my application has been put on the agenda to be submitted to eligibility on June 30th. Huh? In simple terms please? Basically my application has been accepted but now I just get to wait another week on top of the several weeks I've been waiting.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could schedule my exam, but I can't do that without an authorization to test, which doesn't come until your application is approved for eligibility. So now I'm studying with no end in sight. I wanted to originally take my test either this week or next week, but as you can see that is clearly not the case.

So until then, I will continue to study...and study...and study....and study...and to mix it up a little bit take a few more practice tests.

Sorry for the long post. To summarize: I'd like my life to be off hold so I can take my test. Pass. Move to Florida. Start my job. The end....or the beginning?

1 comment:

  1. The waiting game is tough! After I took my test it felt like forever to find out. I checked online at mass.gov every day to see if I had a license number!

    Just keep studying, do lots of practice tests & enjoy your time off! Soon youll have that license and never have a break like this again. good luck!

    ReplyDelete