Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hello Guilt, we meet again...

I should have known my statement at lunch today would come back to haunt me. Either that or it was a premonition of things to come. I spent the morning studying for my boards and subconsciously thinking about my bank account and the downward slide it continues to take with each passing day.

I made myself some Smartones Mini Pizza Bagels (5 points) and a low point salad. As I was eating my mini bagels I was thinking out loud to my brother and sister-in-law, "I could really sit down and eat an entire pizza right now."

Fast forward to this evening. I got in a nice bike ride along the river and back. I tried to kick it into high gear and finish the 5.4 mile route in 25 minutes. Unfortunately, I came in just
over 26 minutes. I came home and my parents had gotten Pizza Hut pizza and breadsticks for dinner. At first I told myself no, don't eat it. But one breadstick turned into 3 breadsticks and one piece of pizza turned into 3 pieces of pizza. And now here I am. Full. Do I regret it? Kind of, but I tracked it and I had the weekly points for it. And will get in more APs this weekend with my 5k tomorrow. Maybe I'll just tell myself it was carbo loading before the race tomorrow.

On a lighter note, it's my first 5k tomorrow post PE/DVT. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly excited and ready to run again. Check back tomorrow for race details.

No comments:

Post a Comment