Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Running down a dream...

Or running in the opposite direction. I've always had a love/hate relationship with running and today's run was of mixed emotions. I wish running came easy to me and I wish it wasn't one of those things that 95% of the time feels like a chore and the other 5% I feel like a lunatic for enjoying.
I'm trying to get back into running. My ultimate goal is to someday do a half marathon. I've done a couple sprint triathlons which I'm really proud of, but never a half marathon. Something about running 13.1 miles at one time should normally send most people doing the exact opposite, or at least running in the opposite direction. I've made multiple attempts at training for a half. First attempt, failed by foot injury default. Second attempt, failed by other health concerns (which will be posted in a seperate blog in and of itself).
Maybe this time is the time that I can do it. Any tips from people who have done half marathons?

No comments:

Post a Comment