Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Guess who's back...

...back again. And it's not Slim Shady. It's yours truly. I haven't posted in a while because 1) life has been too hectic, 2) I feel like I have had nothing to post about, which is a complete lie considering the move, new job, etc, and c) I've just been too lazy. In fact, I'm mostly posting for Steph (shoutout!) because she pointed out on dailymile that I really haven't posted in a while. What can I say? It's good to be loved!

I think with all the mass chaos that has been going on in my life lately it was hard to pinpoint just one thing to blog about, so instead I just opted against it all together. A lot has happened since my last post. No further dreams about tidal waves, although I was well prepared with my boogie board should the event rear its ugly head. I'm settled into my new place, aside from the random box of DVDs and other random stuff "hidden" in my guest bedroom closet. I'm also pretty comfortable with the area.
It's been a big change, but I think it's a good change. The last time I spent an extended amount of time in Melbourne, FL I dubbed it as my happy place. Who wouldn't be happy with endless amounts of sunshine and southern hospitality? Ok, only if you can get over the humidity and heat index of 105 degrees, but those are just minor details.
I've been running, biking and working out. Once I moved in I had another two weeks before work started because, in case I hadn't already figured it out, Florida is the slowest state on the planet to process any and everything. I must admit I was getting a bit stir crazy the past few days. Almost bored. You would think having two weeks to do nothing would be great. Except when you aren't getting paid for those two weeks and you don't know a whole lot of people.
I did get in some fun stuff in those two weeks. I have two new running partners to do my long runs with, my old roommate came up for my first weekend and we drank too much, and I went to see Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker aka Hootie in West Palm Beach.
Work started today. And it was work. I keep forgetting I'm not longer a student and I am going to expect my own caseload on day one. Which is fine, I was ready and what can I say...the old heads love me. I got proposed to three times today. Now, if only they all weren't about 2-3 times my age I'd consider it a minor success. I'm just fortunate to already be oriented to the computer documentation we use so it made the first day paperwork stress free and I even got out of there with all my notes done.
On another front, I signed up to go skydiving this Saturday. Nothing says, "Congratulations you finished your first full week of reality" like throwing myself out of a plane at 18,000 feet. I think I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. OMG skydiving!!! good luck yikes!

    so jealous of your computer documentation. we just swtiched to new paperwork & are hating it.

    Youve gotten in so much activity even with the humidity, kudos to you!

    thanks for the post btw lol

    ReplyDelete