Weight Loss

About Me

My photo
Athens, PA, United States
A self proclaimed fitness junkie with a weakness for all things unhealthy.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bucket list


So I did it! I went skydiving this morning. Not only did I go skydiving, but I was the last one on the plane and the first one out of it. The whole experience still doesn't feel like it even happened. It's hard to believe it was 12 hours ago, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's hard to explain the feeling of free falling. I don't know what I was expecting. I think I was expecting it to be like when you drop in a rollercoaster where your stomach is up in your throat. But it wasn't like that at all. You're really just floating in the air and falling, falling, falling, and next thing you know they pull your chute and your soaring in the sky and spinning, spinning, spinning. It's not for the faint of heart, but if it's something you're considering then you should definately do it!!!
This whole experience has inspired me to write my own bucketlist. I think everyone should have one. It makes life more interesting, and now that I have a big kid job I actually have the funds to pay for some of the things I'd like to do in the future.
As of now this is my bucket list:
1. Skydive
2. Half marathon
3. Swim with dolphins
4. White water rafting
5. Go wine tasting in Napa Valley
6. Gamble on the vegas strip
7. Go on a cruise
8. Backpack in Europe
9. Enjoy my job
10. Fall in love
11. Paintballing

And I'm sure I'll come up with more! What's on yours?

3 comments:

  1. ive done your 2, 3, 7, 9, 10. I havent ever made a bucket list... something to think about though for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went about 6 years ago and had a blast! It's a hell of an experience! I'm going to convince my husband when he loses some more weight to go - we've both been too big these last couple years to go (there is a weight limit). Glad you had fun.

    I don't have a "bucket" list but more of a "Pre-kid" list, I guess you can add having a kid on to that and make it a bucket list.

    1. Get my PE license
    2. Pay most of my debt
    3. Run a full marathon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of making a bucket list. I might have to post a blog about that in the near future!

    ReplyDelete